Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've got the itch.

I have officially not been on a trip in 24 days. It feels like it might as well have been 2 years. Josh and I both looooove to travel. Before we tackle kiddos (which is a LONG time away...) we want to do and see as much as we possibly can!

So anyways..... 24 days. And I would say that once I am approaching 1 month since my last trip, I start planning my next one. Since Josh and I are on budget, we are all about finding cheap airfare to places within the U.S. - but finding a fabulous hotel to stay in. There are some pretty incredible regions, resorts, inns, restaurants tucked into the most random parts of our country. And a lot of them are cheap to get to!

So let me introduce you to my two favorite travel resources ever, ever, in the whole wide world, ever!


I love this annual list almost as much as I love french fries. This is actually where Josh and I found our honeymoon/anniversary spot, White Barn Inn! They highlight some really low-profile but high-style places all over the world, although I tend to focus on their U.S. list. Many (but not all) of them are pricey, but this is where Josh and I go for the cheap travel airfare or a decent driving distance. It is amazing how cheap travel is to many domestic locations if you just do your homework.


When I am dreamin' and schemin', this has been my recent favorite spot to research. It is a home rental site that has been highlighted in the Wall Street Journal as a growing major player in the internet travel industry. They have homes/apartments for rent EVERYWHERE is the world - often for the price of a couple of hotel rooms! I love to think of the most random place possible, and see what they have. :) They have great little filters to narrow down your selections, and all the listers are screened and guaranteed by the company. I have stayed in homes booked through this site that were fab. u. lous. And my mom booked a killer apartment in January in NYC! Can't wait :)

The point is... trips are FUN! and make life interesting! And mostly they give you a great opportunity to relax and focus on the ones you love most. So think outside the box - no Hilton or Marriott - and get creative with how you allocate your travel budget! And let me know what you come up with. Like I said, it's time for me to start planning again...

Love ya'll! Mean it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited to explore... Justin and I are planning a Cade-man free vaca for this winter! Eek and yay all at the same time! It was great getting to hang out with y'all so much this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhhhh! Don't give away all our secrets!
    My rule of thumb is to talk to Dad about our next rip while we are on our latest one.... I need a carrot dangling in front of my nose!
    Right now my carrot had SA written all over it! Yay!!!!
    So hope Bruce had a happy birthday!!!
    love you so much,
    doodle

    ReplyDelete