Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wine Wednesday takes a punch

With the holidays basically ummm... HERE, I am getting pretty darn excited to yet again embrace my Christmas music, wreaths, presents, Santa, and pie.

Well, maybe not the pie. We have more of a love/hate thing happening...

Love the pie.

Hate having to ask for clothes from Pea in the Pod for Christmas even though I am not preggers.

Anywaaaaays, one of my very favorite thing about the holidays is all the parties!!! I can't get enough of 'em. Christmas, New Years, it's all fun and it's all fabulous.

And nothing gets a party started like my somewhat-famous Champagne Punch! I made this for the first bash Josh and I hosted as a married couple - New Years!

I am pretty sure I was still painting the dining room 2 hours before the party... but by the time our friends arrived, the paint was dry, the food was prepared, the punch was made, and my hair looked great. All key ingredients to a rockin' good time.

Now, this is not your great-aunt's sherbet-ginger ale-lime jello punch. This stuff is tart, light and potent. Trust me on that last one. Party punch has such a classic, throw-back feel that I love - but this recipe brings punch up to par with current flavor profiles and trendy cocktails.

So here it is! the best, party-tastic punch you could ever imagine... courtesy of Emeril!

Champagne Punch
1 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice

1 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup cognac
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 bottles chilled brut Champagne or sparkling wine
Orange or lemon slices
Fresh strawberries, optional


Combine the lemon juice, sugar, orange liqueur, Triple Sec, cognac, and orange juice in a non-reactive bowl and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the Champagne and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.

Pour into a decorative bowl or pitcher. Garnish with orange or lemon slices and fresh strawberries, if desired, and serve in Champagne flutes.



And remember friends - Always choose Brut for your champagne.

and your men.

ooooh yeah.

1 comment:

  1. How have I lived this long without tasting such goodness? Can't wait to try this one. Why wait for a party? :)

    ReplyDelete