Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wine Wednesday Wish List

Hi there!

Yes, yes I am here. I just get a little lazy and ADD-style around the holidays...

Can you be lazy and ADD at the same time? Does that work? Because somehow I make that happen reeeal easy.

Anyways, I promise to be a better little blogger and not just resurface every other Wednesday to talk booze. Or at least I promise to TRY. Ok?

Ok.

So let's set up this week's little tidbit for you, shall we? Josh found this nifty iPhone app called "lose it!" that helps set your weight loss or maintenance goals, and then track your calories and exercise! It is super easy, and a lot of grocery items, restaurants, and activities are already stored in it. So Josh and I are now trying slim down with the help of this little game - because it really is oddly entertaining!

But what does iPhone dieting have to do with Wine Wednesday? ooooh, honey, stick with me.

Josh and I both like to crack open a bottle of wine after dinner while we unwind from the day. And our iPhone app helped us both realize we really didn't have any idea how much we were drinking and how many calories it was adding up to... yikes!

So we have started bustin' out those measuring cups to really control how much we have... the crazy part? We are drinking less but we don't even miss it!

Here's my issue. Wine to us is an experience. A fun little ritual for the two of us to enjoy and discuss as we slow down for the evening. But somehow my giant, black plastic measuring cup stinks up our little moment.

And I don't like stinky things in my picture.

Except Griff :)

So I started googling my issue, another favorite pastime, and I found it!

The answer!

The prettiness for my mental picture!

The friend to my iPhone diet!

The friend of my WINE!

Let's take a moment to bask in the brilliant glory of....

Wine-Trax!

Photo via Wine-Trax website

I love this baby! Those pretty "decorative" little rings etched in the glass are actually measuring lines! AMAZING!

The lines measure 4, 6 and 8 fluid oz, and it does it all in a very subtle way. The concept is so simple, but could really help anyone track their consumption.

You can buy Wine-Trax here for $35 for two glasses. And while you're at it, send a couple extra my way... it is Christmas, right?

Love ya'll! mean it.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Soooo cool! I am totally getting those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have to measure my wine to be skinny????
    Really?????
    Bummer :(

    ReplyDelete