Friday, October 2, 2009

Movie Night!

Nothing wears me out like a long week of faking intelligence and wearing business clothes from 2002.

If I've get money to spend, this girl is buying a cocktail dress. Besides, nobody has said anything about the safety pin holding up my one pair of slacks, so it's all good, right?

And when it has been one of those weeks, a sassy snack and a gloriously classic movie just hits the spot. The thing is, I have found that my super-perfect-favorite movie of all time is one that many have never seen! Thus, I am begging you to open your minds and hearts to the fifties musical treat known as... Bye Bye Birdie!


Do you you have idea who stars in this thing? Brace yourself...

Ann-Margret!
This little vixen is one of my all-time favs, and she doesn't hold anything back in this movie. It cracks me up watching her try to play the role of a goody-goody teenager because let's face it - that is not what my gal is known for... sweet little thing.

Dick. Van. Dyke.
I don't think there is anything else I can begin to say here. Moving on...

Janet Leigh!
She is a sass and a half, and I love it. If you watch this movie for no other reason then watch it for her dresses. I need all of them in my closet immediately. I also need my legs to look like hers immediately.


But what I really love about this movie is its celebration of all things cheesy - high school romance, a fan's undying love for a celebrity, and defeating the Russians. (I promise, it's in there.)

If you are still not convinced, just watch this little diddy. I think I have burned more calories trying to recreate this dance in my living room then I ever have on an elliptical.



So go buy it. or rent it. or steal it. Just do what you have to do. and when you finally get your hands on this little gem, just pop some popcorn, whip up a Coke float, and call it a night. no wait... a perfect night.

And I would recommend you add a dash of amaretto to your float, but I am worried my parents might start to think I have a "problem". And I don't! At least I don't see it as one...

Love ya'll! Mean it.



4 comments:

  1. So today they did a few numbers from the new Broadway production on Good Morning America. You can get a little preview on their website. Looks pretty fun! I'll have to borrow the movie sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen it... I know! Shameful! I'm ready to have the perfect night though... might have to borrow it soon! And your coke float addition sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a problem you got it from me....I love Amaretto in anything!!!
    And I want Baroness Shrader's ensembles from Sound of Music!!!!
    So proud of you!!! You are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gorgeous Cousin . . . Just heard that John Stamons and Gina Gershon are starring i the Broadway remake of "Bye, Bye Birdie" this fall. All I have to say is, "Uncle Jesse is no Dick Van Dyke!" He does have great hair, though, and we know how important Conrad Birdie's hair was . . .
    Love you!
    Brie

    ReplyDelete