Thursday, October 1, 2009

Coffee Talk

In college, I got a lot of joy in judging my fellow students' obsession with coffee. I particularly enjoyed verbalizing my disdain for the beverage towards my roomie Meredith. Poor thing - as she sat on her little bed, in her little room, with her little mug of coffee, I would rattle off every statistic that Google had to offer that I felt proved coffee was secretly the #1 killer in the world. As far as I could tell, coffee was to blame for everything - jittery dictators overthrowing countries, hopped up drivers causing collisions, and that caffeinated kid sitting next to me in Economics who was not capable of silence.

But then...I graduated. And got a job. And I had one baby cup of Josh's morning coffee before a long day of work. 3 days later? I was downing my own pot without a second thought. And lucky for me, all of a sudden all my stats suddenly seemed to imply that a daily coffee could be good for you! So with each pot I brewed, I added days, probably years to my life. And this is the perspective I continue to champion today. Long live the coffee bean!


In my hunt for the perfect portable coffee cup, I have been left with heartache and disappointment. But I think I have finally found it. It's earth-friendly, it's leaky free, and most importantly... it's cute!


Introducing.... the "I am Not a Paper Cup"!


I love that it looks like a to go cup, and that the lid is silicon. It is a simple, clever little product that I have decided I can't live without. After all, if I can't finish that last hot cup o' joe at home, it might as well been in something fun to tote! And best of all - you can get it at Target! So go buy one. And buy me one too.
Love ya'll! Mean it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you sister! I was totally a coffee drinker hater and now I'm in love with yummy brown drink! Cool cup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have been holding out on your new find!! Good thing you have a blog now!! Gotta love tar-jay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy's comment was the best...
    Can't think of a better way to follow Wine Wednesday than with Coffee Talk!!!!
    So proud!

    ReplyDelete