Monday, October 5, 2009

total and utter devastation

I know this darn recession has dampened quite a few parties, but it has officially now broken my heart. more like CRUSHED MY SOUL. Because the third greatest publication in history (after the Bible and Harry Potter) has been shut down. My darling, fabulous Gourmet magazine will be no more.

Did you ever read it? The most gorgeous photography and the most fabulous recipes could all be found in this little gem. It is (was) the oldest food magazine in publication and the stupid, dumb-heads at Conde Nast shut them down because they were "too luxury". Pish Tosh! I don't think those two words together have ever been used to describe me, but heck! I sure still loved reading about it!

My heart is breaking. my tears are shaking. And yes, I know that second phrase makes no sense. But I thought the power of the rhyme was more important, so roll with me on this one.

Anyway, the website is still operational for now.

So go!

Go NOW!

and absorb every photo, every recipe, and especially every cocktail detailed in the "Cocktails of the Decades" feature. Then make yourself a gimlet and cry with me.

I love you, Gourmet, and will miss you always...

These are the times I am so glad to have Pink Bear in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment