Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dance it out.

I don't like to exercise. There. I said it. But it's true! The sweatiness, the ugly sports bras, the draining of my time... I just can't stand it. I try to be all good and "healthy" - it's practically a prerequisite at Baylor, but whatever. 9 times out of 10 I just blow it off and cuddle on the couch with Griff.

But there is one place that I will never be able to hold back, and my friends, that place is the dance floor. Whether it is on the parkay tiles of a wedding reception, the Kappa room for Sing practice, or my living room on my 21st birthday, the dance floor is where you will find me. Now, I don't dance to look cute and sassy. I don't daintily sway and giggle in my high heels. I throw caution (and my shoes) to the wind, slap my hair in a ponytail, and

dance.

it.

out.

I get sweaty... and rowdy... and completely unattractive. But I also burn every darn calorie in those glasses of champagne that I washed down with my slice of wedding cake. Weddings are practically my only option at this point in my life. dang it...

So today, my darlings, I challenge you to forget that lame power walk, that boring yoga class, or that Satan-created elliptical. There is a far better way to work it out. and that is to dance it out.

Love ya'll! Mean it.

2 comments:

  1. Easy for someone who looks so good on the dance floor to say! :) But you are right... there is nothing better than turning on Cable TV's 80s station and rocking around the house!! And just so you know I think my sports bras are cute... hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the pb to my j on the dance floor. your post-birthday/kelly-clarkson/got-a-boat jeans tell the whole story. i think someone ought to make a documentary about it.

    let's not wait for another wedding to have a kick-a dp.

    ReplyDelete