Thursday, October 29, 2009

Peace on Earth. or in our House.

I have a dog. His name is Griff!

I also have a bear. It's name is Pink Bear!


You might remember them both from one of my first blog posts.

Griff and Pink Bear have a errrrrr......special relationship. Griff is extremely aware of my undying love for Pink Bear, and he has learned that stealing Pink Bear is the FASTEST way to get my attention. As Pink Bear clings to life in the clutches of Griff's jaw, I shriek in fear as memories of Kate Shofner de-stuffing PB flood my mind. I could hire a full-time therapist to talk through the tough times I have seen PB through.

You see, you all need to realize that PB has slightly elevated my left shoulder as I sleep for years.

as in ALL of my years.

And I honestly don't even care if (when) you judge me. At this point it is practically a medical necessity for my sleeping habits. So there!

All of my ramblings leads up to one of my absolutely favorite Griff moments ever. You see - Josh leaves for work at approximately 3:30 a.m. each morning, so Griff and I hang tight on our own as I get ready for work. Griff normally has morning-scurry-prancing-fun for about 20 minutes ... and then he naps. Because after 9 hours of sleep and a 20 minute romp, he's tired. (and I hate him for it...)

On one particular Tuesday morning, I heard Griff rustling in our bedroom and then silence. But not napping silence... mischief silence. So I peek over our little ledge into the living room (his nap spot) and I see this...



There was Griff sleeping, as usual. But there seemed to be something on the couch with him. So I creeped downstairs and whipped out my camera just in time to capture this!





It is my favorite face and my favorite booty all in one cuddly bundle of cuteness! There was my rowdy boy, sound asleep and curled up to my Pink Bear.



I guess I am not the only one who can understand a good shoulder elevator. He truly is my dog. and my heart grows a little bit more...



Disclaimer:
No beloved, medically required pink bears were harmed in the making of this post.

3 comments:

  1. Pink Bear smells just like you....always has, always will! No wonder Griff wants to cuddle!
    Please, oh please tell me the 3:30 is a typo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! That is freaking hilarious. I am so glad you were able to catch this little scenario on film. This little tidbit will keep a smile on my face all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny!! Sweet little Griff! He looks so peaceful... he loves his momma! :) Hope y'all have fun tonight at "sunday" night dinner! Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete